Ave Maria School of
3475 Plymouth Road Ann Arbor, MI 48105-2550
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Our rigorous academic program provides students with the doctrinal knowledge and practical skills needed to excel in the practice of law. Traditional courses are complemented by classes, programs, and clinical programs that hone and develop essential legal skills, thereby helping ensure that students successfully transition to the practice of law.
- Tuition Full-time: $33,920 per year
368 Law College Building East Lansing, MI 48824-1300
- Special programs offered to J.D. students MSU Law offers 10 concentrations including a nationally recognized Intellectual Property program. Students sharpen skills & build credentials through 5 legal clinics, 3 certificates, & many externships. Dual-degree programs, including the JD/LLB with the Univ. of Ottawa, provide cost-efficient interdisciplinary study. The Fieger Trial Practice Program trains students in a high-tech court setting.
- Tuition Full-time: $31,552 per year, part-time: $26,112 per year
Thomas M. Cooley
Law School (MI)
300 S. Capitol Avenue, PO Box 13038 Lansing, MI 48901
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Cooley offers day, evening, and weekend schedules year-round at 3 campuses. Students may select one of 7 areas of concentration. Joint JD-LL.M., JD-MPA and JD-MBA degrees available. Clinics include national externships, Sixty Plus Elderlaw, the weekend Estate Planning Clinic, Public Defender, Family Law, and Civil Justice clinics. Cooley also offers several study abroad opportunities.
- Tuition Full-time: $26,836 per year, part-time: $17,266 per year
Detroit Mercy (MI)
651 E. Jefferson Avenue Detroit, MI 48226
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Veterans Clinic; Environmental Law Clinic; Mediation Training and Clinic; Immigration Law Clinic; Mobile Law Office; Appellate Advocacy Clinic; Urban Law Clinic; NITA Intersession; American Inns of Court; Public Service Fellowships; Teaching Law in High School.
- Tuition Full-time: $30,290 per year, part-time: $22,234 per year
University of Michigan--Ann Arbor (MI)
625 S. State Street Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1215
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Michigan Law offers extensive clinical, research, scholarly, and practice opportunities -- including 13 clinics, study abroad in one of 8 established programs, externships and internships, 14 dual degree programs, four international centers and programs, and prestigious clerkships in the U.S., South Africa, Geneva, and the European and International Courts of Justice.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $41,500 per year; Out-of-state, full-time: $44,500 per year
471 W. Palmer Street Detroit, MI 48202
- Special programs offered to J.D. students Wayne State offers 4 live client clinics (Child Advocacy, Criminal Appellate Practice, Disability Law, and Small Business/Nonprofit Corporations). We place 30-45 students per semester in internships with judges, prosecutors, public defenders, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations. We have a summer semester, and offer an exchange with Maastricht University in the Netherlands.
- Tuition In-state, full-time: $22,407 per year, part-time: $12,111 per year; Out-of-state, full-time: $24,501 per year, part-time: $13,228 per year
Related U.S. Schools